{January 13, 2014} Answered Prayers

How are you family and friends!!

This week was pretty sweet, full of how answers to prayers through other people.

Sorry I didn't email last week, I was really busy as you probably understand. So I am in Plymouth city, I've always wanted to serve here!! Always!! So now I'm here! PRAYER ANSWERED! So far it is really good. We have a baptismal date named Sean, he is awesome! He's in his late 20's in the Navy. He is solid! He has come to church, we have taught him twice, and he wants to be baptized. He reads and prays every day, after reading he always ends his studies by reading Moroni's promise, and then says his prayers. So he's awesome. Now he just wants a solid confirmation of actually knowing that Pres Monson is a living Prophet. He is willing to put in the work to get that solid answer! It's really cool! PRAYER BEING ANSWERED.

My last area Washford, they are doing well!!! Maria was struggling a bit after I left...she was kinda close to me. It's hard to explain...she looks at it as a mom and son relationship...so she would call me her 3rd son ha ha, so when I left it was sad. She later said she wants me to baptize her, and she will only be baptized if I can do it... so it was a struggle. I asked Pres. Millar and he said no...she should have gotten baptized earlier, but I wrote her a letter, and when I sent it she said she received answers to her prayers and knows she needs to be baptized!! PRAYER ANSWERED!! Though I won't be able to attend her baptism, but it will be ok!

NEXT, I got a call from my ward mission leader in Epsom (ward when I was serving in REDHILL) and Susan, Binky, and Elian are all going to the temple to receive their Endowments on the 18th this saturday! They are recent converts while I was serving there. I baptized Susan, and Binky I confirmed! So I was told I could go if I got permission from President!
So I called Pres, and he said if I lived closer to the temple then I absolutely could go, but the answer is no cause I'm so far away. I was really sad that night. The next morning Pres called me and said, "Hey, I've been thinking about you after we talked last night, and I think you should go to the temple if you can find a ride from a member." PRAYER ANSWERED!!

The next trial was trying to get a member to take me and my companion 4 and a half hours north east (London). I didn't think it was really going to be possible cause it was a lot to ask. A couple days later, I came to church, and the announcement in priesthood was that there was a temple trip this weekend! I was about to scream with joy!!!! Ha ha but it was almost a prayer answered till I found out they were going for 3 days...I was a little bummed after that. Then an hour later, brother Joe Jolliffe (Brett Jolliffes from Helston, his younger brother) came up to me and said, "Hey, you want to go to the temple this Saturday right?" I said yes ;). He said , "Well when I was on a mission, I had some recent converts and my dream was to be able to go through the temple with them and I didn't get that opportunity, so I'm not going to let you miss this opportunity, so I'll take you" PRAYER ANSWERED!!!! I was about to cry my eyes out, I couldn't believe how amazing these experiences were about how all my prayers were being answered! It was awesome!!! And the subjects in all 3 classes yesterday at church was about Prayer! My favorite topic.

So I have a stronger testimony than ever about the Power of prayer, and how clear answers can come if we are listening carefully, and seeking for them. Though my experiences were given to me on a silver plate! :) I am so grateful for these experiences that I'm having and that I'm about to have this Saturday!!

Another random experience. I am still a DL, and I have Chinese Elders in my district, they speak English and Chinese, obviously, but they are mostly called to be Chinese speaking. So I went on an exchange with the Chinese elder in his area, and we were street contacting all these Chinese people, and I was laughing my head off cause it was so different and the people are so funny! They mostly make fun of me cause I'm a tall American white boy and the elder I was with (Elder Ye) is so hilarious!! He is a typical Chinese kid. He waves really fast at people and approaches them really fast and says "heello heello" ha ha it was the funnest exchange I've ever had! We contacted 22 Chinese and got their details and set up a few appointments!! I also learned some Chinese!! It was sweet!!

I love all of you so much!! Thank you for all your prayers and emails that keeping me going!
The Church is true!
Cheers!! ;)


***I got a call...and the office said I'm going home on the 19th of March.
All the info was sent to mom's email address.

Love you all!! ;)


Goodbyes...



No comments:

Post a Comment