{December 30, 2013} Letter to the Mission President & Transferring to Plymouth!

This is my President Letter..

---This Christmas week was better than we thought it was going to turn out. I felt we worked hard and didn't give in to temptation to lounge around just because it was Christmas. I learned a lot this week on how the Lord will bless us if we are willing to work, even though we may not get the amount of teaches as we'd like, I feel that the Lord sees that we are here trying our best and that more blessing are in store for us. We just need to keep the momentum going and keep progressing.

I am grateful for the interview we had, I received many answers to questions I had. Concerning Elder Mansfield, I am also grateful that you spoke to him about the missionary schedule. After the interview he was much better for a small time. But I still am trying to be an example to him, and invite him to stay obedient and diligent. This morning he wasn't taking companionship study seriously at all. At the end of personal study he got up and went to the toilet for 25 minutes and came back as if nothing really mattered. I asked him why he doesn't take these precious hours in the morning more seriously, he said that its a waste of time and nothing happens during comp study. I was pretty upset with him, and I simply, lovingly, boldly shared with him my testimony of effective companionship study. I shared a few experiences with him how it brings so much energy, confidence, unity and happiness into our day, but he didn't seem to care. I hope the spirit touched him somehow, and that he will find the importance of study time. And also prayer, I feel like he doesn't like praying, its almost like trying to get an investigator that doesn't pray to pray when I ask him to. We have had quite a few discussions  about that. I don't mean to put Elder Mansfield down, I just feel like this is something that you might want to be aware of, if you already didn't know. I love the guy to bits, but I just can see so much potential in him, and hes not willing to take that extra step so that the Lord will bless him with many more talents, that he potentially already has.

In Washford we have 3 people who are really likely to be baptized in January. Don, Maria, Denise. These people I have been working with for some time. Mainly Maria, she is a Scottish lady that I started teaching when I first came to Washford over 6 months ago, she has been up and down the entire time I've been here. This time she has been up a lot more. She is preparing for baptism for the 17th of January. She and I are really good friends. She has taught me a lot, and she expressed that I have as well. Though I know the Spirit has worked through me to comfort and work according to her needs I am very sad that I will be missing her baptism, especially when she asked me to baptize her.
Don has a baptismal date as well 31st of Jan, and Denise I've been working with for about 4 months. All these people are solid at the moment, and I am so excited that they are working towards baptism.

-I do have a question, I know I will be out side this area in Plymouth, but when the time comes for Marias baptism or at least one of these baptisms, would I be able to be there? I haven't had too many baptisms during my mission. The 3 names here are people the Lord guided me to to find, and teach so far. I feel like I have given my all for these 3 people and I was so excited to be a witness to see them enter the waters of baptism. If I could go to at least one of their baptisms, that would bring me much joy. If not, I understand.
  

...................................................................................................................................................................

HELLO FAMILY
It was so wonderful to see all your faces!! I was so nervous you guys...holy cow...so if you thought I was weird or mean, or just odd...it's cause I was nervous and I didn't know what to say really, but you sure brought me a lot of happiness!! 
Everyone at the house loved to briefly meet you as well! They look at you guys as family! Thank you so much for your bright spirits and personalities! I love all of you so much.
This week we had interviews with President Millar,
I had a great interview, though I found out at the end that I will be moving to Plymouth being in a big district, with Chinese speaking elders. Ha ha so it's going to be interesting, but I am excited. I am also very sad that I will be leaving this beautiful area in Minehead. I am so bummed that I will be missing out on 3 baptisms...as you read my president letter I did express that I felt like I worked my tail off for these people, and prayed harder than I ever have before about any other investigators. I sure hope President will allow me to go to at least one of these baptisms. I will be so happy. Cause I can say that the Lord led me to these people, meaning found, then we taught them pretty much everything, enough for them to have the desire to be baptized. So I'm praying that the pres will let me. :)
Last night we gave Don Perkins a baptismal date! It was a great experience!! That guy has changed so much in the last 4 weeks, he even bore his testimony to us last night about prayer, and what we have taught him. He said that we have restored his faith, and pretty much that through his personal prayers the Lord has blessed him with better health, and that his leg that was supposed to be amputated will be saved!!! :) How cool is all this!! And I'm missing out once these miracles start happening. But I try to look at it as my purpose was to teach them what I have taught them, and the rest is what the other elders are there for to give the investigators that extra power and witness to help them enter the waters of baptism. So that's the way I look at it.
Anyways, I'm off for Plymouth on Wednesday, I am excited too, it's bitter sweet, I've always wanted to serve in Plymouth, my greenie area was in that same stake/zone. And I've worked in Plymouth with the Zone leaders many times there and I loved it every time. 
A lot of cool converts of the church lived there right before they received the call from the Prophet to move to America, so that is cool! Have you heard of the "only a stone cutter" story? Yeah, that's where the guy is from!! Ha ha.
Anyways, love you all so much! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and your thoughts were focused on the Savior and our wonderful families! :)
I love you!!
Cheers!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment