{December 9, 2013}


Hello guys,

This week has been good.
I don't remember what I told you last week, so if I repeat myself, I'm sorry...
So this week was nice, though kinda frustrating.
Good news first is that we are most likely going to have 2 baptisms in the month of January!! Denise and Maria! Maria's date is the 17th of January and Denise is praying about a date right now. She told us that she wants to be baptized! Both of them came to church the last 2 weeks! So this is amazing! This really makes me the happiest person I realized actually seeing people progress in the gospel. I can only imagine serving in south america somewhere where they have like 5 baptisms every week. Holy cow!! How I wish it was like that here! Since it doesn't happen as often here and when it actually does happen, it's a huge amount of joy that comes into our lives!! We aren't there yet, but when they do get baptized I will shed some tears I know I will. I can honestly say I have worked my butt off to try to get these people to understand and feel the spirit, and help them keep their commitments. I still need to work harder. It won't be enough until they are actually in and out of the water. :) 
The frustrating part is my companion. I love this kid so much, we laugh a lot, but maybe too much, and maybe it gets too far, and my comp doesn't have that common sense of when we should actually do missionary work time and effectively and with all our hearts. So my comp and I are getting along, but I have been really close from punching him cause this guy has no manners and he simply does not care about the work. He just wants to go home. But again, President Millar asked me to serve with him, and I also need to realize that the Lord needs us to serve together. So I just need to humble up and I guess I need to change rather than him. So I am just praying that we will keep the spirit with us always and that we won't blow it for Maria and Denise. The Lord trusts us with these 2 wonderful sisters of ours so I'm not going to let that happen.
Well family and friends, I sure love all of you.
I am so grateful for all your love and support, and the things you have and are teaching me. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you and your testimonies.
This church is true and I hope I will give it my all these last few months. Keep Maria and Denise in your prayers! :)
I love you all!!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment