{December 23, 2013} Merry Christmas!!


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!
The second Christmas away from you guys...wow...that is a weird thought. This Christmas will be great! We have some good plans with members here, I'm looking forward to it. I am also very excited to see most of your beautiful faces on Christmas!! Hopefully mom and dad got better internet if they didn't realize our internet is terrible...it'll work out! 
This week was one of the greatest and most trying week I've had on my mission. Bad first: my companion and I are friends when it comes to worldly terms, but as missionary WORK terms we aren't on the same page...I've really had to hold back on many things to say to him...ha ha sounds horrible...but you guys, I came here to work, and work to the end. Though the temptation is there to kick back and relax and say I've done enough, I haven't done all that the Lord has sent me here to do. So I'm going to force myself to finish strong, even if we don't get many baptisms. With or without my companion I'll do my best. I've learned a lot about patience and telling off. D&C 121:43. that probably changed my life this week. 
GOOD: Maria is still having challenges, but she is still going strong! She's so much happier than she was the first time I met her, she is a completely different person!! Denise, we haven't heard much form her, as she is crazy busy with her family, but she still is solid! And we also have a new guy named Don, we have been teaching him for some time, and he's taking in everything we teach! He is close to losing his leg, he has some disease in his leg and had many surgeries on it. He just had another surgery last week, and they are confident that the leg will be saved. We taught him yesterday about the Plan of Salvation and the spirit was very strong! He's lost a son and other family members, and he said that he knows what we taught is true! He had some belief in deity, but everything that we taught him he agrees and has prayed about and knows its true! It was amazing! And also he said he's been telling his daughter about our lessons and at first she was not happy about him visiting us, but now she is interested to hear what Don has learned! He wants his daughter to be involved as well!! So things are going well!! We soft committed him to be baptized and he said YES!! I love these experiences that I will never forget! 
I love you all so much! I am so excited to see you!!

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment