The Last Email of my 2 Year Mission {March 10, 2014} MIRACLES


Dear family and friends,
 
Wow, I cannot believe how fast time has gone. This will be my last email to you all while being a missionary. how crazy is that. Next Monday I will be at the temple doing some work for those who are dead and having a dinner with President Millar, interviews and much more. I will be going up to the temple on Sunday night, or Monday morning, and there we will be saying our last goodbyes to the MTC group and sharing spiritual experiences with each other. I hope I can gather my thoughts and simplify and summarize some life long lessons I have learned while being here. It will be hard to explain, kinda like explaining what salt tastes like ;) ha ha thanks to dad I have been using that example all throughout my mission to help people realize that it is hard to describe the spirit, but in order for them to expedience it, they need to act and exercise faith in order to feel the foretaste of eternal joy.
 
I want this to be short and sweet, because I don't want to come across as "preachy," but I just want to let you know that I love every single one of you and couldn't thank you enough for helping me all along the way throughout my entire mission. You have all been there for me whenever I needed you. You all have been an answer to my many heart felt pleading prayers to God when I have been down at times. I will never forget what you have done for me.
 
My 2 years is up and I can't believe it, these last few months I think has been the best months of my life, I have learned so much from the people and members and the Lord while being here. It really has been a test for me and I have prayed really hard throughout the days for help to keep me focused and finish strong, and also not give into temptation pondering to myself going home in 10 days...It could be easy, but the Lord is keeping me busy which is such a blessing.
One of those blessings that I will never forget is that Colin Sean Peters was baptized this weekend!! It was so amazing! What an experience for me who hasn't baptized as much as I thought I would, to end with a solid guy who will build the kingdom here in England. It was an absolute miracle and tender mercy from Heaven to me and all of us. It meant the world to me you guys, just seeing the hand of the Lord always in his work if you allow it to be His way rather than our own way. I felt like I just sat there and watched the progression of Sean and Anthony and Melanie come about. Though I am very tired, don't get me wrong, but I have literally seen and realized that none of this came about because of me or my companion, all we did was to try our best to do what we were told, and the Lord did the rest. It's a great experience. I hope my life will continue the way it is now and to not ever let off the throttle of the faith that I have now in Jesus Christ. I hope one day I will have an even stronger testimony that I have now, which I know will happen! Amazingly!! ;) And you guys will help me as well!
Right there is Evidence of Gods love for me!
 
I love you all with all my heart! And I am looking forward to embracing you!
 
Cheers from England for the last time my friends. ;)

Elder Keller 



No comments:

Post a Comment