{March 3, 2014}


Hello My beautiful wonderful family and friends!!
 
How are you all doing?! The emails you send me are wonderful! Thank you so much for supporting me all the way! Don't give up yet, I still have a couple more times to email.
 
This week has been amazing and also trying! Last Monday as I was emailing, I received a text from Sean who is working towards baptism, but was struggling to gain a witness of the truth. He has been doing everything right it seemed like, he has kept all the commitments we gave him, he was coming to church every Sunday, he would come to church activities every time they were going on. So he is very solid. So I got a text from him, and he said "I feel like I know what is holding me back from getting an answer, and I'm kinda ashamed of it. Can I see you guys tonight for a lesson?" We said sure! I didn't know if this was a wonderful thing or something he was worried about...I was hoping for a wonderful thing because changes were happening! So we taught him at the chapel and his worry was that he felt like he was blaming the church for not being able to skydive on Sundays. It was really annoying him because he is so involved in skydiving. (He is a pro skydiver for great Britain). So it was a sacrifice for him. I shared my testimony about the sabbath, and we shared some scriptures with him. Last week he had an experience as he watched a movie that I gave him about President Monson, in his words he said "As I was watching this film I was crying most of the time and I don't even know why because I'm not an emotional person at all and I was happy at the same time "HA HA! I was like YES. He told me that on the phone last week and I said "Mate, this is your answer, don't you think?" And he said, "I think its part of it." I was like WHAT?!! What greater witness do you want than from God. Ha ha I already knew he had an answer so when we met up with him last Monday he explained that after he watched that film he was so happy and had a text all written out to send to us to say he want to be baptized on the 8th!!! And of course opposition came in...he had a contentious feeling about the sabbath again and he was annoyed, so he didn't send that text that evening. I was freaking out inside. Ha ha, but luckily the spirit calmed me down and prompted me to share a scripture for that situation. I don't know how I remember the scripture but it seemed appropriate for this experience and future experiences. Alma 34:37-41
 
37 And now, my beloved brethren, I desire that ye should remember these things, and that ye should work out your salvation with fear before God, and that ye should no more deny the coming of Christ;
 38 That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you.
 39 Yea, and I also exhort you, my brethren, that ye be watchful unto prayer continually, that ye may not be led away by the temptations of the devil, that he may not overpower you, that ye may not become his subjects at the last day; for behold, he rewardeth you no good thing.
 40 And now my beloved brethren, I would exhort you to have patience, and that ye bear with all manner of afflictions; that ye do not revile against those who do cast you out because of your exceeding poverty, lest ye become sinners like unto them;
 41 But that ye have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions.
 
It was a cool experience because Sean completely understood what this scripture was saying and in his words "this is exactly what I was going through that night." So after this he said he definitely wants to be baptized on the 8th of march and he will take it to the Lord first that night and text us his answer. So the picture I sent you guys is what he sent us that Monday evening! We were all freaking out in the flat, its a 4 man flat and we were all rejoicing!! Hahaha so funny, but so powerful and great! I won't ever forget this. I think Sean said he wants me to baptize him and I told him to pray first about it and then come back to us on it. We are seeing him tonight to plan his baptism and teach a few things. :)
 
Miracle #2!! On the same Monday with Sean:
Mondays are our P-days, so during our p-day I was looking for a shirt and a store called Superdry. I love this store. I went there to buy a shirt that I wanted for a while now, and when I got there they didn't have my size  (cause I'm fat) They told me to go to another Superdry store that I barely discovered the previous week, it was tiny. So we went there and there was only one guy that was working. I asked him if he had the shirt I wanted and the size, he went and got it for me. When he came back he noticed our badges, and asked loads of questions. We had a good conversation and he was interested in what we shared. We asked if we could meet up with him that week, he said yes, but not till Sunday evening though. We scheduled him in. (His name is Scott) We met up with him last night with an awesome member (Joe Jolliffe, the guy who took me to the temple) and taught the Restoration. It was an amazing teach! Scott soaked it all in and really enjoyed the teach. We invited him to be baptized on the 29th of March and he said YES!! He was so sincere and wants to come back to church. He was kicked out of his last church because he sinned and I guess they don't understand the Atonement at all. (He was from the Evangelical church.)
 
As of now we have 5 baptismal dates and they are solid! Anthony and Melanie just need more time...Melanie has some concerns that she's trying to resolve. We are helping her. I'm really sad that I won't be able to be here for all these baptisms, but I am so grateful that I will be here from Sean's!! SO BLESSED RIGHT NOW!!
 
I love you all so very much you guys!!!
I will see you very soon!! ;)
 
Cheers from England!!



No comments:

Post a Comment