{February 10, 2014} Baptismal dates all-around!

Anthony & Melloney


Hey guys!

Hows it goin?!
This week was so amazing!! A lot of harvesting was happening here in good old Plymouth!!
First things first...I am staying in Plymouth thank goodness! My new comp is Elder White, who reminds me of Forrest Clark, a lot ha ha.

Anthony and Melloney now have a baptismal date, March 8th!! They are solid!! This Sunday Melloney was really ill, but Anthony and his 2 year old daughter came to church anyways!! It was a total miracle!! It was amazing! Even though these members teach too complicated here, and not in the saviors way might I just say...It was a dodgy Sunday of meetings, but Anthony still enjoyed it!! I love these people so much! I sure hope they will be baptized before I leave.
We picked up another baptismal date named Lydia! We found her last week, she is Jamaican and has a son who is 7 years old I believe. We taught her at her house a few days ago and we taught the restoration. When we pulled out a copy of the Book of Mormon she pointed at it and said, " That book is true, it talks about Jesus Christ" ha ha we were like "Yes it does!! It is true isn't it?!" Ha ha so the lesson went pretty well and we invited her to be baptized on the 1st of March. We taught her the plan of salvation 2 days later and by the end of the lesson she was in tears, and said "The spirit has told me that I must be baptized, that it is the right thing to do." WOW! It was really amazing to feel the spirit that strong in that teach. (Keep in mind that this doesn't happen very often at all) So now I've been thinking about all those in other missions that experience this almost every day. How blessed are they! And I feel blessed for having this unique experience. I sure hope she will continue to progress!! She does have some health issues, not too serious, but she is Jamaican...They flog appointments a lot, but so far not her!
We taught Sean Peters (our other baptismal date) for the 1st of march! We taught him the word of wisdom and we talked about conversion. He thought he needed to be completely converted to be baptised. So this has been a confusion for a little while, but we explained that we are all becoming more and more converted to the Gospel. We just need a witness that these things are true, that they are good, and that they will change and bless our lives etc. He understood it well, and shared spiritual experiences and said he feels ready for the 1st of march!! YEAH!! :)
Things are going really well here in this area, I love it! Hard work is so worth it at the end. And you can't stop, there is still much work to be done!! Please keep these wonderful souls in your prayers!! They need a personal witness in their hearts to make that step closer to our Father in Heaven.
We have also found 5 new investigators this week!! And four of our investigators came to church yesterday. I think that's the most I've ever had come to church at the same time!
I love you all so much! Thank you for your love and support! I can feel it every day!
Cheers loves!:)

---Pictures---

Last p-day I got a haircut by a black man! Ha ha it was so funny, I have a proper black man/ Englishman hair cut...I think I look fresh, don't you?! I'll send another pic of me, I got thrown into a wall while playing soccer at the chapel with investigators and members! Ha ha it was pretty funny!


Elder White & Me


Elder Francis & Me-He's a Chinese speaking Elder from Brigham City

No comments:

Post a Comment